Answers to Common Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Questions

  • Filed Under:
  • July 12th, 2018

answers to common kentucky workers compensation questionsEach year, thousands of families across Kentucky are affected by workplace accidents. According to the most recent federal government data, approximately 40,000 job-related injuries are reported in Kentucky on an annual basis.

A workplace accident can be incredibly disruptive: injured workers may end up with stacks of medical bills and could be forced to miss an extended period of time on the job.

The good news is that Kentucky has a workers’ compensation statute that provides the overwhelming majority of the state’s workers with no-fault workers’ compensation insurance.

Though, it can sometimes be difficult for injured workers to get their full benefits. At Harville Law Offices, PLLC, we have extensive experience handling Kentucky workers’ compensation claims. If you were injured on the job in Kentucky, please do not hesitate to contact our attorneys for legal guidance.

Kentucky Workers’ Compensation: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What Should You Do If You are Injured On the Job in Kentucky?

Your medical needs always come first. If you were hurt on the job in Kentucky, you should see a doctor immediately. Next, you must report your accident to your supervisor. Under Kentucky’s workers’ compensation law, you have a legal duty to report your accident. The failure to do so could lead to your claim being denied.

Who is Eligible for Workers’ Compensation in Kentucky?

In Kentucky, almost all employers are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance or to purchase their own self-insurance. This is ‘no-fault’ insurance. Kentucky workers are eligible to recover workers’ compensation benefits if they were hurt on the job. Injured employees are not required to prove that their employer was ‘at fault’ for causing their injuries.

How Do You File a Kentucky Workers’ Compensation Claim?

After you have reported your accident to your employer, your company should provide you with all of the application forms that you need to submit your official workers’ compensation claim. The specific form that you will be required to submit will depend on the nature of your claim. For workplace injuries, you should submit Form 101. For occupational illness claims, you should submit Form 102. Finally, for hearing loss claims, you must use Form 103.

What Should You Do If Your Workers’ Compensation Claim is Denied?

If your workers’ compensation claim was denied, you need to be ready to take action to preserve your rights. You will only have limited time to file an appeal. You should get a copy of your written denial letter into the hands of an experienced Louisville workers’ compensation lawyer. Your lawyer will be able to review your case, the insurer’s reasoning, and determine what steps must be taken to get you the full benefits you rightfully deserve.

Contact Our Kentucky Workers’ Comp Lawyer Today

At Harville Law Offices, PLLC, our dedicated Louisville workers’ compensation lawyers are committed advocates for injured employees. If your workers’ compensation claim was denied, we are ready to help you get the full benefits you are owed.

For a free, no obligation initial consultation, please contact us today at (502) 272-9051. With an office in Louisville, we serve injured workers throughout Kentucky, including in Lexington, Elizabethtown,  Owensboro, Paducah, Covington, and Bowling Green.


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars
(No Ratings Yet)