Common Causes of Kentucky Car Accidents
Learn the facts so you can protect yourself against the common causes of Kentucky car accidents. As a personal injury lawyer, attorney Brad Harville helps people who have been injured in a car accident. Wrecks happen on a daily basis, typically when you least expect them. While Mr. Harville can certainly handle your case, knowing what the common causes of Kentucky car accidents are can help keep you from getting into one.
The Most Common Causes of Kentucky Car Accidents
- Distracted driving. Drivers can become distracted for a variety of reasons, among them are talking or texting on a cell phone, going online, using navigation, watching a video, talking to a passenger, listening to the radio, eating, doing hair and makeup, or reaching for something. Most of these things are perfectly legal to do, but they do lead to car accidents, injuries, and the need for a personal injury lawyer.
- Driving while intoxicated. Drunk driving is notoriously dangerous and accounted for 171 fatal accidents in Kentucky during 2014. While this is not one of the most common causes of Kentucky car accidents overall, it does represent a significant number of the fatalities. As a personal injury lawyer, Mr. Harville represents clients who have been injured when hit by a drunk driver.
- Driving over the speed limit makes it difficult to respond to what other cars, pedestrians, or objects may be in the way. It also increases the likelihood of not being able to stop at a light or to respond to overall weather conditions. Speeding also contributed to 125 fatal accidents in 2014, making it important to get out of the way when you see a car trying to speed by.
- Driving while tired. Fatigue can be as dangerous as drunk driving because it can cause a person to fall asleep at the wheel or nod off long enough to miss something like a car slowing down in front of them. If you see someone driving erratically, it could be a sign they are nodding off, and in this case, you should get safely around and away from them.
- Reckless driving. Speeding, swerving in and out of lanes, running red lights, and generally not obeying the rules of the road are signs of reckless driving. When someone is driving recklessly, it puts everyone around them in danger, making this one of the most common types of Kentucky car accidents.
Protect Yourself From Common Causes of Kentucky Car Accidents
To avoid getting into a wreck and needing the services of a personal injury lawyer, be sure to stay alert and watch what is happening around you. Check your mirrors on a regular basis so you can see if someone is speeding up behind you, swerving in and out of lanes, or is changing their speed on a regular basis. If you identify this type of behavior, do your best to get out of the way. Let them go around you, so you can continue on your journey and not fall victim to common causes of Kentucky car accidents.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer for Help
If you have been in an accident, call Harville Law Offices, PLLC at 502-245-2333 and schedule a consultation. You can also contact us HERE for personal, experienced, and dependable representation.